As an artist taking part in the “Amped in Your Neighborhood” performance series, you will have to agree to the following upon applying:
All artists are expected to start at 7pm, and finish by 8pm on Thursdays. Artists do not have to play for the full 60 minutes, but we encourage you to stay within the timeframe out of respect for your neighbours.
While we’d love to lend gear out to all artists who need it, due to the amount of gear we have and the tech crew available to set up, we cannot guarantee that all artists who request gear will be lent any. Please try to prepare in case Amped lets you know you will have to go acoustic (without sound equipment).
Amped is partnering with the Squamish Wind Festival to run a contest that will help to select an opening act for the “Lazy Ghost” show on August 15th at the Brackendale Art Gallery. All artists participating in this program are welcome to enter the contest.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Record your AiYN performance. The quality of your recording will not be a factor in judging for the contest. Something like a simple iPhone recording will work fine.
2. After your performance, UPLOAD your recording via Instagram to IGTV. Click here if you need help figuring out how to do this. (Please note – IGTV will limit your recording to 15 minutes.)
3. In the description section of the IGTV video, tag @ampedinthepark and use the hashtag #ampedcontest.
4. Your recording will then be reviewed at a later date and the winner will be contacted!
5. Participants will be expected to film their entry themselves during their AiTN performance.
6. The contest closes at 12am on July 31st, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact [email protected]